It Takes a Community to End Child Abuse
CPCAN is the only agency in Jackson County solely dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and neglect.
CPCAN’s mission is: to educate and strengthen our community to reduce child abuse and neglect
CPCAN provides presentations and distributes materials relating to strengthening families and reducing risk factors for child abuse and neglect across the community. CPCAN collaborates with diverse agencies across the community to ensure unduplicated services to families and children that increase protective factors. The Child and Parent Center provides free parent education classes, available to all in the community, and works in conjunction with the local courts to provide educational neglect assessments and classes for parents and teens struggling with truancy issues.
What we do:
- Educate the community about child abuse and neglect and provide information about the resources available for intervention and treatment
- Communicate the benefit and value of prevention to help cultivate community commitment and support
- Encourage and facilitate training of professionals in the detection, treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Provide mandated reporter trainings, and annual specialty trainings related to child abuse and neglect, to support human service professionals
- Provide prevention activities based on community needs and service gaps
- Participate in community collaboratives to address risk factors that contribute to child abuse and neglect